BLP Construction offers a wide range of services
Here at BLP Construction, we pride ourselves on being your one-stop shop for demolition, excavating, hauling, snow removal, and more! Our mission is to provide each customer with a friendly, reliable, and honest experience.
BLP Construction is an excavating contractor that specializes in handling the excavation needs of underground installation. We provide full service for contractors ranging from small businesses to large corporations. We pride ourselves on being the most skilled and responsive contractors in the industry today. We also provide 24-hour emergency service for all of our clients. BLP Construction's top priorities are safety and efficiency. When working with BLP, you can always count on getting an operator who is trained to the highest level in safety, as well as productivity for the work needed for your business. Let us provide our expertise in excavation, so you can focus on your expertise.
Our excavating services include:
- Basement & Foundations
- Building Pads
- Sewer & Water
- Septic Systems
- Site Work
- Underground Construction
- Agriculture Excavating
- Agricultural Tiling
- Land Clearing
- Tree Removal
- Fence Line Clearing
- Tree Shear
- Ditch Cleaning/Dredging
- Pond Excavation
- Installation of New Waterways
- Regrading of Old Waterways
Also known as field tile drainage, this is a type of drainage system that removes excess water from the soil underground.
Why should you put in drainage tile in your fields? In Illinois, you never know what kind of weather we may get. It could be snowing one day and then high 60s the next. Because of this, it makes farming a bit challenging. Field tile is beneficial for farmers for several reasons:
- Improved Timing
- Field tile allows for early access to farm fields because the fields won't be so drowned once the snow starts melting. It allows you the flexibility to be able to plant on your time vs Mother Nature's time. Field tile allows for the water to soak in immediately as the water collects on surfaces and disperses it to a spot that doesn't collect so much water.
- Overall Plant Well-Being
- Plants don't do well when drowning in water for long periods of time. Roots need air to breathe, diseases may start to spread, and the overall health of your plants will start to deteriorate when sitting in water for too long.
- More Consistent Yields
- There is less financial risk each year that a field drainage system is put into place because your potential for drowned fields is cut down per field tile line that is put in.
- Less Wear and Tear on Equipment
- The less a farmer must try to get equipment through sloppy mud situations, the better the life expectancy of the equipment will be.
- Prevent Erosion
- Flooded land can also lead to erosion issues that can be resolved with field tile installation
Different types of tile: when field tile first came around, it was made of fired clay. BLP installs perforated drainage tile. We can lay tile sizes of 4" to 18".
How is it installed: BLP has a GPS guided tile machine for new tiles to be installed. We can accurately create a flow of water that works for your needs to get the water moved out of problem areas. For smaller projects and lines, we can use one of our machines to dig up the area and install the tile pieces.
Repairing Tile: field tiles can need to be repaired for several reasons. Clay tile, for instance, can crack because of roots, age, or something hitting it. We can find old lines and determine the root of why your lines are becoming backed up. The entire line does not need to come out. In most cases, we can take out the cracked section of tile and replace it with a new perforated tile piece that will attach to the old set.
BLP Construction has over 35 years of combined experience, providing a variety of hauling services from delivery to removal. BLP offers several trucks for all hauling purposes, from semis to four-wheelers. All products offered by BLP can be delivered right to the job site, whether that be commercial or residential. BLP also offers removal services, ranging from removing dirt and asphalt, to debris and broken concrete. If you need it removed, BLP has you covered.
We offer a wide array of hauling services, including:
- Trucks for Hire
- Lowboy Services
- 1 Tons
- Broken Concrete
- Delivery of Products
Whether the building is no longer in service, or you're looking to build something new in its place, BLP Construction offers the demolition services you'll need to get your project rolling.
Our demolition services include:
- House Tear Downs
- Building and Barn Tear Downs
- Concrete and Asphalt Removal
Snow & Ice Management
BLP Construction has over 35 years of combined experience in the Chicagoland and Northern Illinois market. We have the equipment to fit every company's needs. From small apartment buildings to large distribution hubs, we have solutions starting with zero-tolerance programs to customized solutions that fit every customer's needs. With our up-to-date meteorologist reports, we predict and manage our snow removal operations in order to maintain the safest possible environment for our customers.